Our role in the community is important to us as a responsible neighbour and as an inspiration for everyone that uses our services and facilities. To demonstrate our leadership in providing a positive contribution to the communities in and around our stations and lineside, we place a high value in contributing our time and expertise to enable those communities to flourish.
Our targets by 2030/31
- Engage our local communities to interact with our transport hubs.
- Inspire young people from our local communities towards railway careers of the future and work toward
- improving local social mobility.
- Protect, enhance, adapt and engage with our irreplaceable heritage assets.
- Promote positive EDI, H&S and wellbeing within our workforce, our supply chain and those that interact with our asset.
- Embed and influence good business ethics across the HS1 system and supply chain.
How we’ll achieve them
We will identify partner charities which align to our sustainability strategy and support the work they do. We will continue our current work with organisations such as Urban Partners, a voluntary business partnership supporting the local Kings Cross, Euston and St Pancras area, which HS1 Ltd helps fund as one of its members. As a member HS1 Ltd gives its time, expertise and resources in order to build and sustain a thriving urban neighbourhood that is a good place to work, live and do business.
Our 2023 sustainability strategy incorporates additional targets focused on community engagement, inspiring young people to join the industry, EDI, business ethics and engaging with our heritage assets. We will develop a social strategy in 2023 to that will help us to achieve these targets.